How to Setup a Netgear Wireless Router with Broadband Modem
In this post, we will provide you some easy and handy instructions on how to configure a Netgear wireless router with cable/broadband modem.
Without any delay, let’s get started.
Steps To Setup A Smart Wireless Router With Your Existing Modem –
To setup your main Netgear wireless router follow the steps given below–
Connect your main Netgear router with the existing modem through an Ethernet Cable.
- Your existing modem should be connected with the Netgear router from the Modem WAN Port to the router internet Port.
- Now, it is the right time to find out what is the default gateway so that we do not face any difficulty in access the Netgear router setup and Netgear router login page.
- Well, in order to find out the ‘default gateway’, you have to open Command Prompt (CMD) and by typing Ipconfig.
- It will help you in looking for the default gateway like 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- This is supposed to be your Netgear router default IP address. So, we insist you to remember it or note it down carefully.
Moreover, you can also look on the box of your Netgear router. On the other hand, you can also look at the back panel of your device for the default IP address.
- Now open your preferred internet browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer or Opera Mini.
- Enter default login credentials (username and password).
This will redirect you to Netgear router installation and setup page.
If its a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) connection from the internet service provider (ISP), then it will automatically detect a secure connection with your Netgear router.
- Now, under the ‘wireless setup’ option – set up a unique and strong SSID (username) and password (passphrase/ network Key).
- Save the settings and reboot your wireless router once you have setup your Netgear device with the existing modem.
- Connect your smart devices (wired or wireless) to your router using the newly created secured password. Please note it down somewhere.
For more Netgear router troubleshooting tips, dial a toll-free number 1-888-884-6940 and ask for Netgear router support.
Setup Steps For Netgear Wireless Router Through Manual IP –
If your IPS (Internet Service Provider) has provided you with a manual IP address to set up your Netgear WiFi router, then follow the easy to execute instructions given below–
- Connect your main wireless router with the cable provided by your ISP.
- Simply open the Netgear router default login page via routerlogin.net and write down all IP address and subnet mask.
- Once done, save the entire settings.
If you experience that routerlogin.net not working, then make sure that Netgear router firmware is latest and up-to-date.
- Enter the IP address of your Netgear device and save it.
- Type the login credentials (username and password) provided by your internet service provider.
- Once done, save the settings and reboot your Netgear router and computer/ laptop and see whether it worked or not.
Now, you can connect all your networking devices to the router and enjoy using internet in every corner of your house.
- If you are still facing issues, then ensure that your modem carries the latest and up-to-date firmware of technology.
- Also, make sure that both router and the modem are placed near to each other.
- Moreover, both the devices should be placed at a higher shelf, openly in an airy room. Do not hide or cover them.
- Place them away from Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, baby monitors, concrete walls, electronic toys, reflection of mirrors, dishwasher, treadmill, metal gadgets, and appliances.
If it is possible to place your router and the modem away from the above-mentioed interference-creating obstructions, then we recommend to turn them off during the setup process.
We hope that this post will help you to set up your Netgear wireless router. If not, then interact with our technical department as soon as possible.